Jun 25 2009

Reiki and Indigos ~ A Match Made In Heaven

You have no idea how long I’ve been meaning to write this post — years, probably.  So let me get into this, because Reiki and Indigos are a “match made in heaven.”

Reiki Healing

Reiki Healing

Here’s why I think so. . .

• First of all, Reiki energy can cause no harm whatsoever, to anyone or anything.  It cannot be used for ill purposes.  Period  That should be enough to recommend it, for most Indigos 🙂
  • Secondly, one of the main “complaints” I hear from both kids and adult Indigos is that no one understands their energy.  Well. . . Reiki Masters do, and better yet, they can help Indigos learn how to monitor and adjust and balance their own energy flows, or to correct imbalances if there are any.
  • Reiki energy works for everyone — including Indigos.  It doesn’t matter how you’re “wired” — the Reiki energy itself knows how to put you right.
  • Reiki is easy to learn. You have to recieve an attunement from a Reiki Master, but once you have it, you have it forever.  You can work with the Reiki energy to help heal yourself, your friends and family, your pets, or the world.  You can send Reiki energy to someone who is ill, or having a hard time; you can send it to a challenging situation to help bless it for a wholesome outcome for all concwrned.  (I don’t know about you, but I can think of one or two situations in the world right now that could use a little “blessing’!).

So all of these are reasons why I like Reiki.  But we still haven’t got to the part where Indigos and Reiki Masters are ideal partners.  Here are some of the reasons I think it’s so ideal.

• Reiki Masters understand energy, and how some people who are super-sensitive can either thrive or become very uncomfortable or ill without the benefit of a complete and healthy flow of energy within and around them.  Indigos need someone who can and will understand this; that would be the Reiki Master.
  • Indigos can help Reiki Masters understand more about energy, by sharing their own experience and views — and challenges.  With your unique insights and depth, you can help the Reiki Master go even deeper with their practice.
  • Indigos often know at least one Reiki practitioner (if not a Reiki Master) — or has easy access to one or more.  This is a serendipitous thing.  Some of you were even born to a family with one or more Reiki practitioner in it, and that probably wasn’t accidental.

When Indigos are most challenged, Reiki can really help.  Seek out someone who can send you Reiki energy next time you’re challenged — and refer your friends.  You will quickly find that you get amazing results — and relief for some of your most gnarly problems — from the Reiki healings you receive,

You may also find yourself drawn to become a Reiki practitioner yourself — and that would be a good thing for you and for everyone you meet.  You can learn how to work with the Reiki energy yourself, when you have troubles or challenges in your life. You can even teach Reiki to children, which helps them learn how to get quiet inside and to work with their own energy fields, and with the Reiki energy itself.

After many years of thinking that I should get attuned for Reiki, I finally did last spring when our dog needed some medical care and I wanted to support her recovery better.  Originally I intended to use it for her, but I am finding so many new uses for it that I am more than happy I learned it.  And it just confirms for me what I already thought:  this is ideal for Indigos!

Whether you seek a Reiki practitioner to send Reiki energy to you, or whether you become a Reiki practitioner yourself, please check out all the ways that Reiki can help you become healthier, happier, and more connected with Light and Love.  You will be so happy you did!

I’d love to hear your experiences with Reiki, and what you think of this idea.

StumbleUpon

15 responses so far

15 Responses to “Reiki and Indigos ~ A Match Made In Heaven”

1. […] the original: Indigo Coach » Reiki and Indigos ~ A Match Made In Heaven This entry is filed under Pets, Reiki. You can follow any responses to this entry through the […]

2. Rev. Lynn DeLellison 29 Jun 2009 at 5:03 pm

Do Indigo people have challenges that are shared by them all? If so, what are those challenges?

3. Nancyon 30 Jun 2009 at 7:40 am

Hi Rev. Lynn,

While it’s really not a good idea to generalize (each individual’s experience is unique to their soul purpose and personal development path) ~ I think there probably are some areas of challenge that are common for most Indigos, whether adults or young ones.

For instance, in my coaching practice here are the most common “complaints” or what’s reported as challenging for my Indigo clients:

— No one “gets” them (and the ones that do, don’t often have useful information for them that helps them through the challenge.) This would include parents, teachers, and peers — and certainly those in positions of “authority” who are supposed to be helpful. Often medical doctors are the front line of almost useless resources for Indigos — because the allopathic system doesn’t support Indigos very well. (I would also add “yet.” I am encouraged by all movement towards integrative and holistic medicine globally.)

— It’s too hard to be in the presence of so much negativity and “heavy” energy fields. The environment, and lack of support from the greater society/systems are more than frustrating — they are almost intolerable.

— Understanding why they are here. This isn’t true for all Indigos — I know many who have had a clear vision and understanding of their purpose and path from the moment they arrived. But for the ones who don’t have that clarity — or certainty about it — or support to know how to go about being in the work of their soul and being sustained and supported by it (as in earning a living income from it) — that’s a HUGE challenge. And moreso for Indigos than for “ordinary” folks who are facing the effects of the economic collapse — because Indigos MUST be doing what aligns with their soul purpose, or at least nothing that goes against it or their idealistic principles. So it takes clarity and courage — and sometimes a coach or mentor who can help guide them through the murky, scary, or difficult places. On the other side is a great deal of light and joy; but not all Indigos can find their way into that lovely space without assistance.

— Finally, finding their “tribe” — other Indigos or Star Seeds with whom there is a deep resonance and soul connection. I suppose everyone wants to have friends and partners who are well aligned with one’s own energy. But for Indigos it is mandatory to find them — and it hasn’t always been easy. It is easier these, days, though, because there are so many of us here now. For the older ones, look for a younger person (who will be easier to find, because there are more of them) — for the young ones, you don’t have far to look because others are around you everywhere. And there are many of us online 🙂

And I should probably mention too that all of the above challenges are excruciatingly painful for Indigos — they “cut to the bone” as it were. And when they are met or overcome? The relief is cosmic 🙂

I hope this answers your question — and I hope it helps!

Does your work bring you into contact with Indigos? Do you feel that you ARE one?

With many blessings,

Nancy

4. Annon 26 Mar 2012 at 10:58 pm

I recently realized I’m an indigo. I have always struggled in todays society and felt its not for me, like I am out of place or an old soul. I am getting attuned for reiki and that’s what I want to do. I’d like to talk to other indigos about how they overcame struggles. I’m 29 so about a decade older than most.

5. Nancy Boydon 01 May 2012 at 11:06 am

Hi Ann! You’re right on time 🙂 The oldest Indigo I met was, at the time, 72 years old. Some of us came in a bit earlier than the rest, to kind of prepare the ground.

Reiki is such a valuable tool for Indigos. I am so glad you are doing that 🙂 May it bless and serve you well.

You are definitely in the right place, too. I have been quietly planning to create spaces for Indigos to connect safely with one another, to share experiences and struggles. If you want to be part of that, please join my list so you can get notices when things are ready to go.

As I will be sharing soon on my new homepage for my flagship web site, “You’re not a square-shaped peg trying to fit into a round hole ~ you’re a star-shaped person who doesn’t seem to fit anywhere, because you were made to shine, honey – NOT to fit in!”

I send you many blessings of peace and love.

6. Rinon 22 Jul 2013 at 11:41 am

I was trained in Reiki the first degree about 9 years ago. I do on myself just about every morning for 1/2 hour or more. It really helps especially when I have aches and pains and feel disconnected energetically from everything. I like it better than meditation sometimes as it is more grounding and something I can do easily while lying in bed. I totally reccomend it for anyone, but especially Indigo Souls as it is much more grounding and circular than meditation and somehow limits the etheric and astral travelling in a nurturing way, when I meditate in regular traditional form I sometimes go on a very intense journey with visions etc. and this is not always welcome when I have to go to work and be in the World.

7. rebekkaon 11 Sep 2013 at 11:59 am

I just did a reiki corse at the Ubuntu wellness spa and I loved it me and my brother are both indigo crystals and the reiki realy helps with my anger and sadness towards the mistreatment of earthlings .
    rebekka´s last blog post ..Kids Need Fresh Air and Green Spaces

8. Nancy Boydon 13 Sep 2013 at 4:13 pm

Welcome, Rebekka. Good to know you’re finding support!

9. Nancy Boydon 13 Sep 2013 at 4:13 pm

Welcome, Rin! So glad the Reiki work is helping you. It’s really important, especially during all the intense shifts of the recent years.

10. ngohoon 01 Dec 2013 at 2:53 pm

Fascinating! I’ve known for quite awhile that I am an Indigo. Recently, in August, I turned 28 and began the Saturn Return period. And since then, in October, I became a Reiki Master and opened up a private practice. I never thought of Indigos and Reiki working together, though I had always been drawn to Reiki. Now, reading your article, this makes so much sense!

11. Nancy Boydon 19 Jul 2014 at 3:54 pm

Thank you and welcome!

12. Carlaon 06 May 2016 at 12:02 pm

I have heard it mentioned before that Indogo’s should only receive Reiki from other individuals who are also Indigo. Is this true? This has made me very hesitant to seek out Reiki from someone I don’t know. I am a very lost indigo trying to find myself again. I desperately needs healing help. But not sure where to look for it. I have been to so many who are not understanding.

13. Nancy Boydon 18 May 2016 at 2:45 am

Reiki practitioners by and large are trained to tune into the energies of the person they are working with. But granted, not all Reiki practitioners may be Indigo, StarSeeds, or Crystal, and therefore not be able to pick up on what they are feeling. In other words, they may be a bit oblivious in working with you, if they are not sensitive enough to meet you at the energy levels you prefer.

From my viewpoint, Reiki is Reiki, and a true Reiki Master will always be able to channel Reiki where it is needed, so your question is one of perception rather than real concern. In other words, it won’t matter if they understand you or not, so long as they are skilled in sending Reiki to another sentient BEing. I hope this makes sense.

In terms of having discussions with the healer, and in trying to explain to them what kind of healing you seek, THEN perhaps there would be a reason to find a StarSeed or Indigo Reiki practitioner or Master. But I say? it’s not really necessary in most cases.

If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact me and I will see how I can help.

Many blessings of Love and Light to you! And thank you for this excellent question.

14. Marciaon 30 Jan 2017 at 3:16 am

Hello Nancy,

At the age of 63, I am only just beginning. I never even heard about Indigos, Starseeds, or Rainbow. The more I read, the more calm I’m feeling. There really ARE people like me. I’ve spent a lifetime being different than my family, friends and acquaintances. Just a few months ago a relatively new friend told me….in the middle of a conversation….”you’re and Indigo. Look it up!” I did and I’m amazed. Six months ago, I noticed a class for Reiki I attunement and was curious. I made a note of it and then let it pass. The course has come around again for next month and I’m not going to ignore it this time. I feel compelled as if something is pulling (and a little pushing!) me in that direction. When I read that Indigos are often “healers”, it made me stop and think. Boy…did I ever follow my life in some confusing directions if that is so…and I DO believe it is!

I was lucky enough to stumble upon a Reiki practitioner who was participating in a wellness clinic at our local Senior Center. I went to see what it was about and put my name on her sheet. I am so glad I did. I’ve never felt so much energy coursing through and around me. I had visions and saw such beautiful colours and then a fantastic white tornado at the end….only it was pulsing within and into me instead of the way I usually feel “tornado” energy when I’m overwhelmed! I had SO many question for the lovely lady who enabled me to tap into my visions and energy.

Amazing! Thank you for the potential site that Indigos can gather and share. Please place me on you contact list when that site is ready.

15. Nancy Boydon 30 Jan 2017 at 3:30 am

Hi Marcia,and welcome! If you would like to be on our mailing list, feel free to take the assessment here on our site and that will start the ball rolling. Thank you so much for finding us, and for bringing your Light to the world.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS